New Zealand, a small diversely scenic Country blessed with stunning natural attractions, these attractions are spread over two main Islands and several smaller Islands clustered around the rugged New Zealand coastline.
When planning your New Zealand Vacation, you will, of course, want to research as much info on New Zealand as possible.
This is just as true if you are travelling to New Zealand as a long term backpacker or visiting for a two week NZ vacation.
The wide range of activities on offer to those who Travel New Zealand ensures an eclectic range of people visit this amazing, friendly country, and seldom if ever would any of them leave disappointed with what they find.
What are the Highlights in New Zealand ?
What To Do
- Tongariro National Park (3 amazing mountains, skiing, hiking )
- Rotorua Attractions ( thermal activity, hot pools, Maori culture, stunning lakes, trout fishing, hiking )
- Bay of Islands ( deep sea fishing, diving, sailing, beaches, swim with dolphins )
- Coromandel Peninsula ( hot water beach, excellent beaches, rock fishing, boat fishing, hiking )
- Auckland ( The normal entry point into New Zealand, sailing, boat fishing )
- Taupo ( world class trout fishing both river and boat fishing on lake Taupo )
What To See
- Milford Sound ( diving, boat cruise, hiking, scenic flights )
- Doubtful Sound ( boat cruises both day and overnight cruises, fishing, hunting )
- Fox or Franz Joseph Glaciers ( glacier hiking, bush hiking, hot pools, hunting )
- Stewart Island ( hiking, hunting, fishing, and a chance to see a Kiwi bird in its natural habitat )
- Kaikoura ( whale watching, hunting )
- Hanmer Springs ( hot pools )
- Queenstown ( ski fields, the birth place of bungee, rafting, jet boating )
If you wish to travel to New Zealand and you are not an Australian, you will need to go about applying for an entry visa. If you are planning on staying for up to 3 to 6 months, you will need a visitors visa.
If you are visiting New Zealand from America or any major European or Asian country, you will be given a visitors visa on arrival.
Tourists arriving from the UK will be given an automatic six-month visa but travellers from outside the listed areas will need to apply in advance.
If you are hoping to stay longer and work in this time, a workers visa needs to be applied for. This has to be applied for in advance and is only available to travellers from certain countries, New Zealand Travel or Work Visa’s
When travelling New Zealand, there are a number of options for cheap transport, travelling by coach is one. If you are staying in the country for a while, it is possible to buy a backpackers ticket, which allows you to hop on and hop off buses for a set period of time.
There are coach tours provided by companies which usually involve some form of a package featuring trips or excursions and there are standard public buses where you travel between two points for a set fair.
Coach travel is a common way of Travelling around New Zealand and is suitable for those on a budget or who know where they want to go.
The train options in New Zealand are limited but they do offer a great way of getting around between Auckland, Christchurch and Greymouth. This mode of transport is not suitable for many people travelling in New Zealand but it is a quick and affordable method of transport in these areas.